My King
Lately I have been engrossed in the book of Esther. It is the focus of a 7 week course in my sunday school class and the topic of discussion for the girls in my Bible study. My friend Dena mentioned going to see a new movie "One night with the King" and I thought I would go along. I didn't expect much out of it. I was wrong. It completely changed my life. Who knew God would speak such volumes through such a small book. This movie is based on the life of Queen Esther. I think this movie hit me so hard because I am going through some things that I can relate to her story. The movie was beautifully filmed and well acted. Watching the end credits I was overwhelmed with feelings of longing like I had never experienced. Perhaps just the woman in me crying out to be so courageous and loved so fiercely, to give up my entire life and all that I think I am and give just me, who I really am inside when no one is looking, to the King and for that to be enough to win his love. To be bold, to save a nation, to be beautiful, fearless, captivating. On the inside. There was a part where some hauntingly beautiful music is playing and stirred something inside me that I had never really felt. I supposed it was those times of The Bible that are gone yet much revered and still calls to me that this is my true heritage, what these people did and said paved the way for my life today. I longed to be part of that story. To change history with my love and passion for God. I do know though that I can start shaping the history of my life and those that I touch now. That I may not be a beautiful queen of Persia but I am a child of God and have a King who is madly in love with me, this person who struggles with simple day to day things and has a hard time speaking the words that need to be said because of what someone else may think. But He loves me still. This movie made realize though that there is no opinion or thought on this earth that matters.. all that matters is what I do with the time that is given to me and make the most of it. And realize that I do matter and am loved by The King.


1 Comments:
At 9:29 PM ,
Dena G said...
YOU are a princess on the way to your throne.
I feel so...inadequate, I guess, trying to describe the depth to which I was moved by this movie and the depth to which I continue to be moved by the book of Esther and the way God is using it to speak to me and change my heart.
Maybe I'll have the words later. I hope so.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home