What am I doing?
Recently at our high school we had a bit of a scare. What happened is not the point here, the state that our schools and our lives in general have come to is however the point. Our society has become so drenched in selfishness that all we think about is what has been done to me and how can I better my life to my own glory. We don't take the time to realize that someone else may be hurting and just need a kind word or for someone to simply notice them. Just to turn on the news channel breaks my heart because behind every story is a person who has hurt in their life and needs Christ. It makes me stop and take a look at my own life and think about what I am doing in public. Do I take the time to notice the people around me that others may overlook? Do I live Jesus to those who I may never get the chance to speak to? I just have to wonder how many "good" people are just going through the motions of living everyday and are fighting a battle of emotions inside and silently crying for someone to be real and love them. Even the people that are close to us and we think we know, are we saying one thing on sunday and then living a totally different life the rest of the week? Why would anyone want to be a Christian if that is all they see? That Jesus is just a feel good/ make me look good thing that we do once a week. I know for myself, my Jesus has become so much more to me than that. Have we as a body become so complacent and blended in with the world that His love can't show through our daily lives? It is obvious to me that missionaries in other countries are awesome and we need them for sure, but we don't have to be in another country to be a light to the those around me. I have decided I need to simply try a little harder to smile at more people, hold the door open for someone more often, let someone go in line before me... there are so many little actions that we as the body of Christ can do to show Christ's love to those around us. We may be the only Jesus that someone ever sees.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home