Pain and Passion

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Story

I just finished watching a fantastic movie that I highly recommend! Madea's Family Reunion. It will make you laugh but it sends a powerful message at the same time. I sit here trying to decide why I love movies so much and reading great stories about adventure, love, mystery, victory, tragedy, and hope... I guess it is becuase our lives are stories of their own and we are (whether we know it or not) part of a much bigger story that sometimes we don't even see. That everything we do has already been written. Wow. I love to just sit and think about how everything connects, and is ordained, and destined. It is hard though at times to not compare my life to the big screen and feel like I'm missing out on something. I just have to drag myself out of unrealistic longings to realize that everyday is a new adventure. I just have to ask God's blessing and direction on how to maneuver through that adventure :)

8 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM , Blogger Dena G said...

    Good stuff. :-) I watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman again last night. It wasn't as epiphanal for me as the first time, but still powerful nonetheless.

    We were talking tonight at church about how God has been showing a bunch of us how "connected" we really are...it's a pretty cool thing!!

    Thanks for making the font bigger--I can read it without a magnifying glass now!!

     
  • At 11:13 AM , Blogger Herschel said...

    i like the smaller font better(design wise) but i like being able to read without having to squint....Katie i put a link up to yours on my site so you beeter keep this quality stuff coming or its coming off-haha

    seriously though....im with you on movies....

    I would almost call them today's parables...our cultures way of telling stories as opposed to books back a few hundred years ago and back even further to oral tradition back in Jesus' time....imn ot saying Jesus would be making movies now but i think our culture values movies today as much as people valued stories back in his time...

     
  • At 12:39 PM , Blogger Jules said...

    interesting thoughts hersch

     
  • At 2:02 PM , Blogger NFB in NYC said...

    I've still not seen these two movies..i need to rent them.

    And speaking of movies, did any of you see that one starring Herschel's mom?? Ohhhh man it was AWESOME!

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Dena G said...

    The font size on the first post was fine...the second was still pretty good--it was the original size on the third post that was a BIT tiny for me! I know I'm old and all that, but I'm sure I could read it just fine if you reduced it down a point or two...I think it would probably look a little nicer.

     
  • At 10:12 AM , Blogger Herschel said...

    katie, what do you have against the settles? i thuoght they were your friends?

     
  • At 12:07 AM , Blogger NFB in NYC said...

    lol hersch.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Katie said...

    I knew someone would eventually say that lol !

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home