All good things must come to an end...
This may very well be my last blog from the beautiful state of Montana. I did not have nearly as much spare time as I thought I would to post, so sorry it's been so long.
I can't believe this summer is almost over and in one month I will be begin the long drive home. It will be good to see home again, but I will be extremely overcome with emotion the day I depart from here. I knew I would like it here, but I never expected to fall completely in love with everything about it. I have an amazing job, love the people I work with/for, made the best friends I've ever had, been challenged more in my faith than I thought possible, and renewed my passion for the simpleness of life. I have been able to share my faith, and all that I believe with several people and it was such a great feeling. Sorry to say, I had never verbally witnessed before. Now I have had that privilege and pray that God will take over where my words fall short, and reveal His power through the unspoken.
I am not sure how to deal with things when I come home. I am not the same person that I was when I arrived here and I don't know how to explain it to anyone. Life will never be the same for me... thank God.
I still am not sure what I want exactly from my life, but I think I have come to the conclusion that as long my heart is in the right place, and I feel God's presence, wherever I go, will be right where I'm supposed to be. I need to give up on having my life planned out, because it will never be the way I had imagined it.
Love you all and will see soon!
I can't believe this summer is almost over and in one month I will be begin the long drive home. It will be good to see home again, but I will be extremely overcome with emotion the day I depart from here. I knew I would like it here, but I never expected to fall completely in love with everything about it. I have an amazing job, love the people I work with/for, made the best friends I've ever had, been challenged more in my faith than I thought possible, and renewed my passion for the simpleness of life. I have been able to share my faith, and all that I believe with several people and it was such a great feeling. Sorry to say, I had never verbally witnessed before. Now I have had that privilege and pray that God will take over where my words fall short, and reveal His power through the unspoken.
I am not sure how to deal with things when I come home. I am not the same person that I was when I arrived here and I don't know how to explain it to anyone. Life will never be the same for me... thank God.
I still am not sure what I want exactly from my life, but I think I have come to the conclusion that as long my heart is in the right place, and I feel God's presence, wherever I go, will be right where I'm supposed to be. I need to give up on having my life planned out, because it will never be the way I had imagined it.
Love you all and will see soon!


2 Comments:
At 1:48 PM ,
Herschel said...
hey katie, something in this post caught my attention.
when you say that you arent the same person who left and you dont know how to explain who you are now to us back home, know that i know exactly what you mean, and to be honest, it is somewhat of a sucky thing to go through.
people might not understand what youve been through, or disagree with things, or what have you. but i've been there also. i know what that can feel like so if you need to vent, you know my number`
At 3:21 PM ,
Julie said...
Life will never be the way you had imagined it...but if you're heart's in the right place, it will be more and better than you'd ever imagined!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home