Pain and Passion

Monday, May 21, 2007

Another Day

Once again I'm in the lovely Whitefish, library only this time I've got David Crowder pulsing into my ears. Just got finished with physical therapy again. When he tries to push my foot down and make it straight it hurts so bad I could just have a fit but he would never know because I rarely show pain in front Dr's. I think he caught onto it todayt though and told me he'd figured me out, the tough midwest farm girl, and I'd better start telling him when it hurts. Too late for that today.. maybe next time. I could'nt ask for a better Dr. Extremely good looking AND sarcastic. Good times :)
Yesterday as I looked up at the mts for probably the hundredth time (it doesn't get old), it was snowing up there. It was something to see, the tops all dissappeared under swirling snow yet not a single flake came down to where I was. Today is cold and showers come and go. One other member of my ministry team arrived late last night and I still haven't had the chance to meet her. Hopefully our team will get up and running soon. I like my job but I need some time with other christians. I did actually sit down and have lunch the other day with an old couple that is on the board of acmnp. I told them how afraid I was of public speaking and hoped I wouldn't have to do it that someone else in the group could. He proceeded to share with me stories from his past and how he passed out when getting up to speak once, but he realized it was mind over matter and that he just needed to have fun up there. Now he speaks in a lot of places in front of large crowds. One thing he said that really brought it into focus for me was that the people that come to these services, most of the time didn't even know something like this was available when they came to the park and they are just thrilled to have the opportunity to worship while out here. They aren't sitting there thinking to themselves how we aren't following the bulletin or sticking to the time frame. They are just enjoying the moment and we should do the same. This couple's names are Joe & Geri Kendall, he worked in the park back in '49 but is an Illinois boy and came back home to farm cause that's what is in his blood, but he never got the park out of him. So now they are back and loving it. Such precious old people and so encouraging.
I like being around other people but I really love my days off when I can jump (actually its more like sit and then swing my booted leg and crutch) into the car with just my ipod and camera and drive off into the unknown. Everytime is different, I always see something I missed before and this place is so big it will take my entire summer to just see a portion of it. Hope everyones ready for some pics cause I'm gonna have enough and then some.
Much love,
Katie

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Dorothy said...

    bring on the pics baby girl...and keep us posted on how things are going in the ministry!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home