Perfect timing
Thursday night I was being a good big sister like usual and was outside playing ball with my little sis. Somehow though, I managed to fall and now have a broken leg. My initial reaction in the ER was to break down and start thinking about all the bad things that this could entail but thank God for friends and my mom who held my hand and prayed for peace and reassurance.
The nurse came in and told me I had a fracture, not great but I could handle that, then the "dr." came in and proceeded to tell me that I had broken both bones in my lower leg and it was really bad, would have to have surgery, pins put in, all this great stuff. I felt nothing though when he was telling me all this. The next day, we go to Mt. Vernon and the dr. there, tells us that one bone is broken and the other is just fractured in the back and that if it stays straight like it is now, even when the swelling goes down, I will have a walking cast in 3 weeks. She was also a christian and once she found out that we were, she began to encourage me and share some things that she had been through. It was such a blessing.
I truly believe that this is just a test of my faith to see if I will trust God no matter what or if I will break down and pity myself and blame everything around me which I'm sure was satan's plan all along. I know in my heart that God has set up this summer for me and everything will work out to His glory. I don't for one minute believe that I was brought this far only to be left sitting with a broken leg. What a testimony it will be if God chooses to heal me quckly.
The people around me in my sunday school class and Bible study group have been talking alot lately about making changes, starting a revolution, being the body of Christ and what it really means to be "the church". I was able to witness some of those changes take place this weekend. I was amazed at some people and really disappointed and hurt by others. You truly found out who cares about you when something like this happens. Some came to the ER and cried with me and then laid hands on me and prayed for God's healing. An awesome display of friendship and "the church", others brought me my favorite snack foods and soda, one brought me a magazine and word search since I will be sitting with nothing much to do. My point in listing these things is not to glorify the people that did these things but simply to point out what the church should be. A couple of friends that weren't here this weekend, simply quoted scriptures and prayed with me on the phone. To me the church is not a building, it is a living breathing number of people who share a common love for their Savior and display that love through their actions and words. I believe in my heart that you should never have to tell someone you're a christian, they should be able to tell by your lifestyle and your treatment of others.
It is great to sit and discuss things, it develops wonderful ideas and allows for encouragement of others, but I thank God for people that are "doers". You can only talk so much, then you need to get moving. People that live and act out what they speak are a gift from God, because sometimes, you just get tired of the noise.
The nurse came in and told me I had a fracture, not great but I could handle that, then the "dr." came in and proceeded to tell me that I had broken both bones in my lower leg and it was really bad, would have to have surgery, pins put in, all this great stuff. I felt nothing though when he was telling me all this. The next day, we go to Mt. Vernon and the dr. there, tells us that one bone is broken and the other is just fractured in the back and that if it stays straight like it is now, even when the swelling goes down, I will have a walking cast in 3 weeks. She was also a christian and once she found out that we were, she began to encourage me and share some things that she had been through. It was such a blessing.
I truly believe that this is just a test of my faith to see if I will trust God no matter what or if I will break down and pity myself and blame everything around me which I'm sure was satan's plan all along. I know in my heart that God has set up this summer for me and everything will work out to His glory. I don't for one minute believe that I was brought this far only to be left sitting with a broken leg. What a testimony it will be if God chooses to heal me quckly.
The people around me in my sunday school class and Bible study group have been talking alot lately about making changes, starting a revolution, being the body of Christ and what it really means to be "the church". I was able to witness some of those changes take place this weekend. I was amazed at some people and really disappointed and hurt by others. You truly found out who cares about you when something like this happens. Some came to the ER and cried with me and then laid hands on me and prayed for God's healing. An awesome display of friendship and "the church", others brought me my favorite snack foods and soda, one brought me a magazine and word search since I will be sitting with nothing much to do. My point in listing these things is not to glorify the people that did these things but simply to point out what the church should be. A couple of friends that weren't here this weekend, simply quoted scriptures and prayed with me on the phone. To me the church is not a building, it is a living breathing number of people who share a common love for their Savior and display that love through their actions and words. I believe in my heart that you should never have to tell someone you're a christian, they should be able to tell by your lifestyle and your treatment of others.
It is great to sit and discuss things, it develops wonderful ideas and allows for encouragement of others, but I thank God for people that are "doers". You can only talk so much, then you need to get moving. People that live and act out what they speak are a gift from God, because sometimes, you just get tired of the noise.


1 Comments:
At 6:13 PM ,
Dorothy said...
amen and amen
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home