Montana!!
I am sitting in an awesome library in Whitefish, MT writing this blog and listening to Bebo Norman. I have finally gotten settled into a routine of sorts in my new life. My first week of work is almost finished, and has gone pretty well. I am a Human Resource Associate at East Glacier. All new employees have to check into my office and we do all their paperwork and make their photo id's and tell where to go and all that fun stuff. I have met some really interesting people! Among my favorites is Mark a 25 yr old guy that works with me in the office. He is originally from Austin, Tx and has been very helpful to me. He broke his leg last year in the same place as mine so he can relate to what I'm going through and looks out for me. Next is Martin, he is an older guy that drives one of the famous red tour buses, he is also from IL, and has a great auditorial voice. Ian Tippet, is a really old guy who has worked at the park for 57 years! He is from London and has a great English accent. He always brings the mail to us and I just love it when he comes in, he usually says something like "good morning dear, how are you?" You can just imagine the accent. Mark says he is a legend and I believe it. They are just starting to open up everything at the park, sweeping balconies, planting flowers, getting the red buses out, it is really very exciting to be a part of. I am very humbled everyday as I sit and enter applications into the system and then mark them with a red pen and file them into the back among the other not accepted files. There must be several thousand of them, and yet God chose to bless me with this awesome job that so many others have tried to get. According to the locaiton manager, there are 22 of us ACMNP ( a christian ministry in the national parks) staff this year and that is the most they have ever had. She was so excited about it too. I guess that says a lot about our work integrity and the spirit we bring with us. I hope I can measure up. I already think I am making an impact on the people I work with and if that is why God placed me where He did, then that is fine with me :) I just came from the Dr. and I should be boot and crutch free by June 8!! I start Physical Therapy here in about half and hour so I hope they can get me all fixed up.
I will try to post a couple of pics on here if I can figure it out!
Much love,
Katie
I will try to post a couple of pics on here if I can figure it out!
Much love,
Katie


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home