Pain and Passion

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

4-17-2010

I wrote this while sitting by a river North of Polebridge, MT
    I noticed a frozen waterfall on my trip over here today. I somewhat gauge my seasons in Glacier by this particular one. A thought came to me as I looked to see if it was breaking free from its frozen state. Its a sizable and powerful waterfall but as the sun loses its intensity, the falls follow suit, eventually becoming immobile, cold, and lifeless. Then the sun begins to slowly bring it back with little glimpses of heat then the full summer's warmth. It made me think of my relationship with God. How I'm running full force, full of life, when I'm living in the direct light of God but when I begin to slip out of the light and fade away, I'm cold, frozen, and lifeless. Little moments spent with God help to crack the ice on my soul, but to be fully alive, I must stand fully in the light of God.
~ Katie 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home