Pain and Passion

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Bowman Lake

I had been camping with friends at Bowman Lake in the remote Northwest portion of the park. It's one of my most favorite places. The night had been so cold and I was just restless, so as soon as it was light enough to see, I crawled out and headed through the campground, down the road, to the edge of the lake. There on the shore, was a huge dead tree which made a perfect back to my seat of pebbles. It was peaceful. Utter silence. Awesome :) These are my favorite times to write.

7-18-2010
   The lake is so still. I envy it's serenity. I want that peace in my soul again. In the stillness of the water, the reflection of the mountains is so clear and strong. I want to be that water with God as the mountains... my solid rock. To have that calm peace, that when others look at me, all they can see is the reflection of God mirrored in my life. Rocks are going to be hurled at me and the winds may kick up and blur the image, but no matter how turbulent, the mountains are still there. God is still there. I've been too focused on the pebbles marring my image and the storms hovering over me that are sure to pass. I need to dive into the deep, to the depths of me and bring to the surface that stillness that I know is there... waiting to be brought back and mirror my Creator. To let the coolness, the intensity of the deep renew, restore, refresh me... but I have to dive in and find it. No one can do it for me. This is the hard part for me. To become still before God, to slip beneath the surface of me, hold my breath, and wait. I need that calm again. God wash me clean and help me to start anew.
~ Katie

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Dorothy said...

    oh my sweet child...you echo the sentiments of my heart. I cannot read your blog without tears. Even though we may be hundreds of miles apart sometimes our lives still parallel. Stepping out in the deep and letting go is never easy; not for me anyway. Thank you for posting this. My heart is once again stirred...longing for the stillness and peace that only God can give.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home