Pain and Passion

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Iceberg Lake

7-12-2010
    Made an observation yesterday as I hiked to Iceberg Lake. I was thinking the whole trip there how it was hot or my feet were hurting where the straps rubbed my skin or I just wanted to get to the lake quickly so I could sit and eat and enjoy the view. It dawned on me as I was thinking about reaching my destination, that this is how I treat my life sometimes. I'm always thinking ahead about the next "something" I want to hurry up and get to that maybe I'm forgetting to enjoy the "hike" along the way. There is so much beauty along the trail that is overlooked because I'm so focused on reaching the end.
My prayer has become one of patience, renewal, restoration, and peace. I don't want to miss anything by worrying about things that I have no control over.
~Katie

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM , Blogger Dorothy said...

    why do we make this so hard? I have those same tendencies. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home