Pain and Passion

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Overlooking Mission Lake

   9-4-2010
What does the voice of God sound like? I have spent the better portion of my older years trying to figure this very thing out. I realized tonight that I'm trying too hard, straining to hear the obvious. To hear an audible word in the wind, to make out some syllables within my soul... but maybe for me, God's voice isn't a simple spoken word but rather a hidden melody embedded in my natural surroundings waiting always for me to still my mind and hear. A breath of love through the wind bent prairie grasses, a reminder of just authority in the chilling crack of thunder, a gentle touch of grace in the trail of my tears, the promise of a new start with first kiss of the sun's rays... am I listening?

~Katie

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home